Department-owned vehicles must be registered with Transportation Services and display a permit when parked on campus. Permits for department-owned vehicles are sold on an annual basis (November 1 – October 1), and are issued based on availability (see permit privileges); some restrictions apply.
Departments are eligible to purchase the same permit options available to employees, with the same work-in-zone and eligibility requirements (D, L, J, N, P, U, Z). The department vehicle rate for these permit types is commensurate with the annual Perimeter Tier permit rate.
Some permit types require application approval:
- MT permits are intended for departments engaged in maintenance and trades work, for example: carpenters, painters, network and telephone technicians.
- BZ permits are intended for supervisors and managers who need access to multiple areas of the campus to oversee projects and people.
Please Contact Us to obtain the permit most appropriate to your department’s needs.
- License plates must be registered with Transportation Services, and vehicle information must be kept current.
- The license plate printed on the permit must match the the vehicle on which it is displayed.
- An application is required for both MT and BZ permits.
- PCard or department account number are the only accepted methods of payment.
- A department payment form must be submitted at the time of payment.
116 Maple Avenue
Ithaca NY 14850-4902
Hours of Operation
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., M-F