Skip to main content

Cornell University

Pest and Animal Removal

Pest control involves not just unwanted insects but includes other critters.  

To request routine remediation:

  • Contact the Building Coordinator, or enter a Maximo Service Request online. Find your Building Coordinator at Find Facility Information.
  • If you are a building representative and want to set up regular pest maintenance for your campus facility contact Rhonda Hazen, rlb16, 607-254-4526.

~Please do not request pest control for wildlife on the Ithaca campus that does not fall within the NYS DEC ‘nuisance’ guideline~

Please do not request animal control for wildlife on the Ithaca campus that does not fall within the NYS DEC ‘nuisance’ guideline

“A wild animal that may cause property damage, is perceived as a threat to human health or safety, or is persistent and perceived as an annoyance. Examples include a skunk or fox living under the porch or shed.

If an animal is not causing any concern, for example, it is simply passing by, is observed only once or twice and does not cause any harm, then it should not be considered a nuisance.

For life/safety emergencies call 911 or CUPD 607-255-1111 

If anyone comes in contact with a bat, or any animal acting suspiciously, CALL 607-255-5322.

  • If possible keep everyone away from the area, and if there is no risk of exposure or injury contain the animal.
  • All bats where exposure has happened should be tested for rabies.

For injured wildlife contact the Janet L. Swanson Wildlife Health Center,  607-253-3060.

To request removal of a dead animal call 607-255-5322.

Cats and dogs are not considered wildlife or pest, please contact the Tompkins County SPCA, or call 607-257-1822.