The Grounds Department provides quality services, consistent with responsible fiscal and environmental stewardship, to support the landscape maintenance and landscape construction needs of the Cornell Community.
Scope of Services:
Grounds services include maintenance of campus landscaped and paved areas and provides the following services:
- Lawn and Turf Management
- Tree and Shrub Care
- Ivy Control
- Flower Bed Care
- Snow Removal
- Litter Removal
- Campus Roads and Walkway Repair
Construction, Excavation and Site Restoration
- We have a variety of loaders, backhoes, dump trucks and skid steers for use on Trade Shops and Utility Department projects.
- Contractor support and site inspections.
- Maintenance of storm water retention and sedimentation structures.
- See the Landscape Construction area of our web page for examples of the work we do.
- Tree removal, winter snow removal, storm damage, barricades, fencing, flagging, utility repairs.
Video Gardens and Greenery of Cornell University, with Dan Schied, Director of Cornell Grounds.
The video is from Alumni Affairs and Development, Adam Murtland, 2019. Added to Cornell University Video On Demand website November 26th, 2019.
Transcript of video.