Skip to main content

Cornell University

Windows, Doors, and Locks

Window, door, or lock problems can lead to reduced security and energy (heating/cooling) loss.

Access points like exterior doors and windows that cannot be secured while a space is unoccupied present a security risk and should be reported immediately.

Stimson Hall door

For academic and staff buildings:

  • Contact the Building Coordinator. To find a buildings BC go to: Find Facility Information and look up by building name, facility code, or address. Or, enter an online Service Request.
  • For emergencies 24/7 call 607-255-5322.
  • For follow up on service requests see the service request confirmation email and follow link to view status or go to SR search form to look up.

For campus residences:

  • For non-emergency repair and maintenance enter a Service Request online. 
  • For emergencies 24/7 call 607-255-5322.
  • For follow up on service requests 
    • Contact the Primary Building Coordinator
    • Call the Cornell Housing Maintenance Office M-F, 8am-4pm, 607-255-0328 
    • Go to SR search form to look up a service request you have entered with your net id. (You will only see the service request if your net id was used as requester.)