Skip to main content

Cornell University

Building Envelope

The building envelope is any structure or component that protects a building from the elements. This includes the roof, siding, sheathing, windows, etc.

To report a roof or other building envelope problem:

For emergencies 24/7 call 607-255-5322.

For non-emergency repair and maintenance enter a Service Request online. 

For follow up on service requests:

  • Contact the Building Coordinator. To find a buildings BC go to: Find Facility Information and look up by building name, facility code, or address.
  •  Go to SR search form to look up service requests you have entered.
  •  Or for campus residences you can also call the Cornell Housing Maintenance Office M-F, 8am-4pm, 607-255-0328 
Klarman Exterior