Skip to main content

Cornell University

Custodial Services Building Care

Building Care staff are assigned to Endowed, State, and Student and Campus Life Facilities and provide a wide range of custodial services, including support for events.  
For clean up of non-hazardous spills, bathrooms that are out of toilet paper, or any non-scheduled cleanup please report the problem to your Building Coordinator, or Building Care Manager, or enter an online service request

To find the facility Building Coordinator go to:  and look up by building name, facility code, or address. 

To request custodial support for an event, please enter a service request online.

  • Include the location, date, and time of the event and a contact phone number.
  • You will need a KFS/Department account for any charges.
  • If you have any questions concerning support for your event, contact the FCS Event Manager at (p) 607-255-3751 or email:

photo of custodian sweeping theater

If a situation involves broken glass, vomit, or blood, it is considered a hazardous substance that needs an emergency cleanup. Call 607-255-5322

For campus residences:

  • For non-emergency repair and maintenance enter a Service Request online. 
  • For emergencies 24/7 call 607-255-5322.
  • For follow up on service requests 
    • Contact the Primary Building Coordinator
    • Call the Cornell Housing Maintenance Office M-F, 8am-4pm, 607-255-0328 
    • Go to SR search form to look up a service request you have entered with your net id. (You will only see the service request if your net id was used as requester.)