Facilities Engineering provides Architecture and Engineering technical stewardship and expertise in support of the natural and built environment. Facilities Engineering is organized into four technical discipline groups including Architecture & Structural, Civil & Environmental, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering and a Shared Services Group.
Facilities Engineering provides services in the following four areas:
Architecture and Engineering Services include condition assessments, feasibility studies, construction documents, and construction administration.
- Facilities Engineering Project Stewardship include design reviews, administration and updating of the University Design and Construction Standards, and construction phase support for projects.
- Maintenance Engineering Services include maintenance program management, data management, maintenance work execution, and subject matter expertise support.
- Energy & Utility Engineering Services include energy analysis, carbon accounting, Green Building program support, utility mapping and locating, and utility maintenance program support.
Stewardship of engineered systems on campus
- Maintenance of Design and Construction Standards
- Sustainability leadership
- Construction Document Archiving
- Project Design reviews for QA and standards compliance
- Provide highest level of technical expertise in each engineering discipline
- Manage the University's space inventory system
Engineered systems infrastructure
- System intensive building renovations
- Small building renovations up to $1M (typically these are a result of an initial assessment)
- Local approvals efforts (SEQRA, NEPA, Site Plan/Special Permit approval support,)
- Energy conservation projects
- Research collaboration
Manage maintenance programs for campus-wide systems such as bridges, generators, elevators, roofs, structures, pavement and more.
Architectural-scoping services, design of small renovations and ADA improvements
- Mechanical HV AC, plumbing and fire protection
- Electrical Lighting, power and fire alarm systems, emergency power, electrical services
- Civil -Roads and parking areas, structural, utility infrastructure
- Environmental -Hazardous site clean-up, LEED support, potable, storm and waste water, air modeling and permitting; SEQRA and NEPA approvals
- Energy - Supply, distribution and building energy engineering; sustainability; renewable energy sources.