Facilities Engineering provides Architecture and Engineering technical stewardship and expertise in support of the natural and built environment. Facilities Engineering is organized into four technical discipline groups including Architecture & Structural, Civil & Environmental, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering and a Shared Services Group.Facilities Engineering provides Architecture and Engineering technical stewardship and expertise in support of the natural and built environment.
Facilities Engineering has valuable depth of technical knowledge and expertise, built over time and specific to the university’s complex physical plant. Our in-house design capabilities provide an efficient means to deliver design services for technically complex maintenance work and faculty renewal lab renovations, as well as quick response to technical emergencies.
Facilities Engineering provides services in the following two areas:
Architecture and Engineering Services include condition assessments, feasibility studies, construction documents, and construction administration.
Full range of in-house architectural and engineering design and consulting services: building assessments, feasibility studies, code analyses, biddable construction documents, construction support, Cornell trade shops design; new facility hire office and lab design
- Technical Stewardship include design reviews, administration and updating of the University Design and Construction Standards, and construction phase support for projects.
- University engineering leadership: best design & construction practices; analysis of latest technologies and Standards
- Hands-on response to facility emergencies, fast condition assessments, and efficient repair/maintenance support response
- Maintenance Planning Technical Support, Program Data Management, and Life Cycle Value Analysis
- Facilities/academic collaborations; grant acquisition and management
- Technical Consultant Selection and Evaluation
- Energy and Environmental Analysis & Energy Use Intensity Goals
- Site Environmental Clean-Up Oversight
- Green Building Program Support
- Capital Project Design Review and Design and Construction Standards
- Utility Mapping & Locating