310 Acres of Lawns
- Mowed areas receive periodic mowing as required to keep grass height below about 4”.
- Areas damaged by winter snow removal operations are tilled and seeded prior to Commencement.
- Weed controls (herbicides) are kept to an absolute minimum and are applied on a limited basis. Many lawns will have varying populations of broad leaf and grass weed species present.
- Naturalized meadow areas receive an annual mowing.
- Irrigation and application of fertilizer are done on a very limited basis. We seek to identify and plant grass species that are well adapted to our varying soil types.
Look for signs around campus denoting that a location is a
Campus Naturalization Zone