Winter and Break Parking Rules
University Holiday Parking
- Parking policy is in effect year-round, including University holidays and all student break periods.
- If the University is open for business, permit and payment regulations are enforced as usual.
- If the University is officially closed for a staff holiday, regular enforcement of permit and payment rules will be suspended until the next business day.
- Regulations regarding no parking and safety zones, fire lanes, reserved spaces including MT and service spaces, and accessible parking spaces are never suspended; a vehicle parked in violation of these rules can be cited and towed.
Winter Overnight Parking
Overnight parking is restricted to designated areas from December 1 to April 1, when it’s snowing, or snow is forecast, to facilitate plowing and snow removal. These specially-signed areas are open 5 p.m.–7:30 a.m. to all registered vehicles:
- West and Mid bays of A lot (North Campus)
- East and west bays of B lot (Vet College)
- North bay of Crescent lot
- West bay of the Wilson Lab lot
- Tower Road, eastern-most end of Alumni Field near Wing Drive
- Hoy Road parking garage, all levels except the roof
- Forest Home parking garage, all levels
- Northwest end of Myron Taylor Hall lot
- Morrison Hall lot (corner of Judd Falls and Campus Road)
These restrictions do not apply to resident students parking in FH, ND, SW, and WD permit areas. These permit holders may park in their designated lots as usual. Please observe and comply with posted regulations.
If you arrive on campus after significant snowfall and your parking lot has not been plowed, we recommend parking in either A Lot (North Campus) or B Lot (Vet College). These large lots are the first to be cleared.
Student Winter Break Parking
Students living in university-owned residential housing can leave their vehicles in their regular permit area (FH, ND, SW, and WD) with their valid permit displayed. B and SC permit holders should observe the overnight winter parking rules and park in the designated areas within their permitted lot (see above).
City of Ithaca Odd/Even Parking Rules
Please be aware that if you leave your car parked on the City of Ithaca streets over winter break, your vehicle may be considered “abandoned,” and be ticketed, towed, and impounded. The City of Ithaca enforces on-street odd-even parking rules from November 1-April 1 when snow removal is necessary.
All vehicles parked by community members must be registered with Transportation Services. Visit My Parking Account and log in with your CU NetID and password to view and update your vehicle information, and to review permit, appeal, and citation information. Be sure to Contact Us if you have any questions.