Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging
Three EV charging stations are available on the third level of the Forest Home parking garage, and two on the first level of the Hoy Road parking garage (MAP). Spaces are first-come, first-served, and time- and permit-restricted; the charger can accommodate one vehicle at a time.
- Forest Home Parking Garage is restricted to L and J permit holders 7:30 am to 5 pm weekdays and open to everyone after 5 pm and weekends.
- Hoy Road Parking Garage is restricted to Central, G, and short-term visitor permit holders 7:30 am to 5 pm weekdays and open to everyone after 5 pm and weekends. Short-term permits for the Hoy Road garage can be purchased at a parking and information booth.
If you have questions about using the EV charger or obtaining a permit, please contact Transportation Services.
Alternative Fuel and Low Emission Vehice (LEV) Parking Spaces
To assist in sustainability efforts and LEED initiatives, several spaces within both parking garages are reserved for LEV and Alternative Fuel vehicle parking. These specially-signed and painted stalls are intended for permit-holders with cars that meet the standard set by the Green Building Council.
Not sure if your vehicle meets the standard? Check out the Alternative Fuels Data Center for more info, or visit Greenercars.org for a list of LEED-certified low-emission and alternative fuel vehicles.
- Vehicles must be in compliance with the posted time-limit and permit requirement for the space.
- Vehicle must have a charging port and be plugged in if parked in a charging space.
- Vehicles must meet the standards for an Alternative Fuel or LEV if parked in a specially-signed space.