Employee permits are issued through a work-in-zone system based on groupings of buildings by designated parking areas. For a given zone, a limited number of permits are sold, so that purchasers have a reasonable chance to park. Paid permits offer different levels of privileges based on parking rate tier.
Parking preference is granted to those employees who:
- have a medical disability
- have maternity-related needs
- have irregular work hours or varying job locations
- perform special duties for the university
Employees may choose to purchase an individual parking permit or to participate in a commuting program. Commuting programs offer discounts and incentives for choosing to share the ride or use transit:
Commuters have access to support services to help get to campus or back home. Services include Zimride, which matches commuters with carpools, or Emergency Ride, for help getting home if a personal emergency arises during the Monday-Friday work day.
- Employees who bring personal cars, motorcycles, or motorscooters to the campus must register their license plate with Transportation Services, whether or not they buy a parking permit.
- Vehicle information must be kept current. Register your license plate and update vehicle information at myparking.cornell.edu.
- New and temporary employees should bring their appointment letter or other verification of employment, work days and hours, and length of appointment when requesting a permit or TCAT access.
- Eligible employees can pay permit fees via payroll deduction on a pre-tax basis.
- Permits not paid via payroll deduction must be paid in full at the time of purchase; no refunds issued for pre-paid permits after March 31.
116 Maple Avenue
Ithaca NY 14850-4902
Hours of Operation
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., M-F