On-campus parking—except in mobile payment/pay station lots and most time-zone areas—is by permit only Monday - Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. throughout the calendar year. Some areas have special evening and weekend restrictions. In addition, some parking restrictions, such as those in residence hall parking lots and other designated areas, are in effect seven days a week, around the clock.
All vendors, constructions workers, delivery drivers, and contractors must have a permit in order to legally park or deliver on the grounds of Cornell University. Please note that:
- Cornell Faculty, Staff, Students and Affiliates are not considered contractors/vendors.
- You must comply with all campus parking regulations and permit restrictions.
- A permit or parking pay station/mobile payment is required to legally park or deliver on the grounds of Cornell University.
- Annual permits are issued on a first-come, first-served, space-available basis. Permit sales may be limited.
- Logos on vehicles (e.g., magnetic identification placards) will not be honored as parking permits.
- Tractor Trailers do not require parking permits, but may be subject to other restrictions. Call 255-4600 for assistance.
In addition to several of the annual permit types available to employees, vendors can purchase parking permits that convey short- or long-term parking privileges, depending on their business needs. Options may change, so call 607-255-4600 to determine current options, availability, and pricing. Permits available ONLY to contractors and vendors are:
- GP 15-Minute Delivery ($111.06/$119.94 w/tax); Valid 15 minutes in all time-limited and permit-restricted spaces except MT, M (motorcycle), reserved, and handicap-accessible spaces.
- MT ($1000.59/$1080.64 w/tax); Valid in permit-restricted spaces in Mid-Tier, Perimeter-Tier, and A, E permit areas; night/weekend areas; and student permit areas FH, ND, SW, WD. Valid up to 2 hours in Central-Tier (D, J, L, N, P, U, Z) and FLEX spaces. Valid 30 minutes in loading spaces. Valid 15 minutes in GP permit spaces. Must comply with all posted time limits.
- General contractors should arrange for construction parking and staging for the duration of a project. Contact the project manager or Transportation Services.
- License plates must be registered with Transportation Services, and vehicle information must be kept current. (Annual permit purchases)
- An application and approval is required for annual MT permits.
- Approval may be required for one-day scratch-off MT permit purchases.
116 Maple Avenue
Ithaca NY 14850-4902
Hours of Operation
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., M-F