Cornell’s parking permit tier system matches employees with their most cost effective parking option. Employees should consider all commuting options—including transit, walking, biking, and carpooling to campus—before committing to an annual permit.
For help making a decision, or to learn more about the programs and eligibility requirements, contact Transportation Services.
- A limited number of no-fee parking permits are available for the North Campus A Lot. Bus service from A Lot to campus is available on TCAT buses; employees pay no fee when using their CU photo ID card at the fare box in TCAT Zone 1.
- All regular and temporary employees are currently eligible for a no-fee A Lot permit. Access may be reduced in response to demand.
- No-Fee E permits are restricted to employees working in the associated permit area.
Paid Permit Parking
Paid permits offer different levels of privileges based on parking rate tier.
- All paid permits allow parking in their designated letter area and Outer-Tier areas. (Outer Permits: A, E)
- Perimeter-Tier permits are valid in their designated permit area, and all Outer-Tier areas. (Perimeter Permits: ME, O, R, WE)
- Mid-Campus Tier permits add Perimeter and Outer permit areas to their parking privileges. (Mid Permits: C, G, HH)
- Central Campus-Tier permits are valid in their letter area, Z, Mid, Perimeter, and Outer permit areas, student residential permit areas (FH, ND, SW, WD) and are eligible for a complimentary 30 minute loading permit, available from any parking booth. Central permits are also valid in specially-designated FLEX parking spaces for up to two hours. (Central Permits: D, J, L, N, P, U, Z)
Motorcycles may display vehicle permits in the appropriate lots. A valid M parking permit must be displayed in signed motorcycle spaces.
Eligible employees can pay for their permit via pre-tax payroll deduction; permits paid by payroll deduction are automatically renewed each June. When payroll deduction is not an option, payment in full is required at the time of purchase. Payment can be made by cash, check, or Visa and MasterCard.
Employee permits are not sold via the web. Employees can request the appropriate forms be sent to them, or come to 116 Maple Avenue to obtain a permit.
- Permits for paid parking areas are issued on a work-in-zone, space available basis.
- All commuting employees have the option of requesting a no-fee A Lot parking permit.
- New and temporary employees should bring their appointment letter or a letter from their supervisor verifying employment. A temporary permit may be issued if employment information is not current.
- If exchanging or upgrading parking options, bring the current permit.
- All outstanding citations must be paid before a permit will be issued.
- Permits may be transferred among personal vehicles registered with the university, and loaner or rental vehicles.
- Permit ownership is not transferrable.
116 Maple Avenue
Ithaca NY 14850-4902
Hours of Operation
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., M-F