Freight Receiving and Storage
Receiving and Storage Policy
- R5 Operations will receive Cornell property if given authorization/approval by the customer. If approval is not received, delivery will be refused at the loading dock.
- Personal property will not be accepted and the delivery will be refused at the loading dock.
- Receiving, unloading, loading and staging charges will be assessed in ½ hour increments, with a minimum ½ hour charge, based on R5’s billing rate.
- Property will be held for 5 business days at no charge.
- Property held more than 5 business days will be charged storage fees starting from the first date the property was received.
*For freight escort service please contact CUPD dispatch at 607-255-1111
Two types of storage is available at our facility located at 251 Solidago Rd.
The facility is not a temperature or humidity controlled environment, although it is heated during the winter months. $1.04per sq ft per month.
Square footage is determined by the foot print of the property.
Located in a fenced yard and locked during non-business hours. Square footage is determined by the foot print of the property.
Please be advised that Facilites and Campus Services does not provide any insurance coverage for your property. If you would like insurance coverage, please contact Risk Management at 607-254-1575. FCS Materials Management/R5 Operations is not a moving and storage facility, however IPP will accept property for customers who cannot unload and/or store property at their own facility. In no event shall FCS be liable for any damages, direct or indirect, arising out of the handling of materials which are delivered to, unloaded at or stored in the warehouse.