Skip to main content

Cornell University

Facilities Inventory System FAQ

FAQs | Using the Facilities Inventory Systems

  1. How do I get to the Production Inventory System?
  2. How do I get to the Training system?
    The Facilities Inventory Training System can be used to test scenarios without impacting live data. Training uses a copy of your real data that is repopulated each Saturday night.
  3. How do I get reports on my space? 
    Facility Inventory Reports are available through the OBIEE dashboard. If you aren’t familiar with OBIEE, or need reports that aren’t in the “Standard Reports”, you may request data reporting services by contacting Jane McLarty at
    1. What are Standard Reports and how do I find them?
      Standard Reports are reports available on the OBIEE tab, requested by users and created by the Facilities Inventory Office. This document provides the list of reports and descriptions that are available.
  4. Who are the Organizational Administrators?
    Each college has designated Organizational Administrators who are responsible for certifying space. See this list for their contact information.
  5. What are the responsibilities of Organizational Administrators and Department Users?
    Organizational Administrators and Department Users are responsible for accurately reporting space usage. See the full list of roles and responsibilities.
  6. How do I access my floor plans?
    Search for your facility on the Facility Information page and select Floor Plans: from the left navigation menu. If you do not have access to floor plans you will need to complete the Request for Access form.
  7. How do I transfer spaces to a new or different org if I am a Department User?
    If you are a Department User contact your Org Admin. Request that the space be transferred to the new Org. Provide your Org Admin with the Facility Code, Room Number, and the name of the new Org Occupying the space, and the date of the new occupancy.
  8. How do I transfer spaces to a new or different org if I am the Org Admin?
    If you are an Org Admin refer to this document for guidance on transferring space to a new Org.
  9. What are the room type and function codes?
    Room Type and Function Codes can be found in University Policy 2.7, Reporting the Use of Space. The index includes complete definitions and examples. A key/cheat sheet is also available.
  10. Where do I find the University Policy on reporting the use of space?
    University Policy 2.7 requires an annual room-by-room space inventory. The full policy can be found at the Space Planning web site. 
  11. Are there any quick guides or tips for completing the cycle close?
    The cycle close occurs each August. This quick reference guide may be helpful when preparing to close your inventory for the annual review.
  12. How do I bulk edit my spaces?
    Review comprehensive Bulk Edit instructions. Bulk edit allows you to edit up to 500 rooms at once. We recommend that you test large changes first in the Training System.
  13. How do I modify a room number on my floor plans?
    Room numbers cannot be modified. University health and safety and other systems are linked to the room number. Find more information here.