C2C Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I park when I take the bus from Ithaca?
Short-term parking is available for Campus-to-Campus travelers departing from the Ithaca campus. Campus-to-Campus parking areas are not intended for long-term vehicle storage. When parking for a Campus-to-Campus trip please be aware of the following options and restrictions:
- North Campus: On Jessup Road, next to the Townhouse Community and across from Robert Purcell Community Center. This stop is near a driveway leading to A Lot.
- All employee parking permits are valid in A Lot. Passengers who do not have a valid permit should review their short-term parking options or choose the B Lot pickup location.
- B Lot (Vet College): Employee O, Mid-Tier, and Central-Tier, and student SC and B permits are valid in B Lot. Passengers who do not have a valid permit may purchase temporary parking using ParkMobile for up to 14 days at a time. The ParkMobile zone number for B Lot is 4115.
Where can I park when I take the bus from New York City?
Campus-to-Campus does not have any parking arrangements for our customers from New York City.
When should I get to the bus stop?
Please plan on arriving at your stop at least ten minutes early; this will not only ensure that you don't miss the bus, but will allow the driver time to get your belongings aboard, and will allow you time to get settled.
The drivers are directed, to the best of their ability, to leave their stops on time. They will not leave a stop early, even if no one is expected there. Official Campus-to-Campus time corresponds with most cell phone carriers (including Verizon Wireless, AT&T, Sprint, and Nextel). All drivers, their supervisors, and Campus-to-Campus management are synchronized to this time.
How do I change my reservation?
Cancellations and changes can be made using the Campus-to-Campus online reservation system. If you don’t have access to a computer, our staff or an answering service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 607-254-TRIP(8747).
Voice mail and email may not be used to make cancellations and changes, and will not help you avoid a late cancellation fee or a missed bus charge. Cancellations and changes will not be made retroactively.
What if I miss the bus?
The traveler is considered a "No-show" if they do not board, and the bus has departed the last stop from NYC or Ithaca without them.
- The entire amount originally charged is retained by C2C and the trip is forfeited.
- Missing a departure trip does not automatically cancel the associated return.
- It is the traveler’s responsibility to make any changes or cancellations as noted above.
Is the service restricted to the Cornell community?
The C2C service is currently available to the public. The service operates in accordance with CDC guidelines and university-recommended health and safety measures.
Alternate regional travel resources can be found at gettingaround.cornell.edu.
Where do I call if I want to comment on the bus service?
The Campus-to-Campus service is administered by Cornell Transportation and Mail Services (T&MS). All comments, questions, and suggestions regarding the service should be directed to T&MS. Please Contact Us.