C2C Health Measures
Health and Safety Measures
The well-being of our passengers has always been our top priority, and we now follow enhanced health and safety protocols in accordance with the current recommendations and guidelines.
- Daily health checks are required for the drivers.
- Complimentary food and beverage are no longer being offered.
Mask for the duration of the trip, except for food or beverage consumption (e.g., mask up between sips when drinking a coffee).
Passengers are asked to refrain from travel if they are ill, believe they have been exposed to Covid-19, or have been advised to isolate or quarantine.
- Air filtration enhancements have been installed on all buses.
- All surfaces are sanitized between trips, and deep cleaned daily.
All Passengers Must Adhere to Our Health & Safety Protocols
The driver will require the following in order for a passenger to board:
Photo ID matching the name on the reservation.
Proof of Vaccination or,
Proof of Negative Covid-19 Test within 72 hours of boarding. Acceptable forms of testing would be NAAT, PCR, Rapid-PCR. Antigen testing is not acceptable.
Acceptable types of Proof of Vaccination
- CDC Vaccination Card. A photo or photocopy of this card is also acceptable.
- NYC Vaccination Record or another official immunization record from within or outside the U.S., including from your health care provider. A photo or photocopy of this card is also acceptable.
- NYC COVID Safe App: Android | iOS. You can upload to this app a photo of your CDC vaccination card or another official record, along with your photo ID.
- Excelsior Pass (or Excelsior Pass Plus). To use this app, you will need the phone number or email address associated with your NYC vaccination record. If you are unable to use this app, try one of the other options listed above.
- Cornell University Daily Check page showing name and Covid-19 Proof of Vaccination.
Thank you for your assistance and adherence to these public health measures.