Facilities and Campus Services Rewards & Recognition
Facilities and Campus Services (FCS) has established a commitment to reward and recognize significant individual and team contributions and accomplishments of FCS employees. Anyone can nominate an FCS staff member, please see below under the two different types of awards for instructions, forms and criteria for each nomination.
The 2016-17 members of the Rewards and Recognition Committee are: Dan Schied, Donna-Marie Parker, Dustin Darnell, Erik Eshelman, Julie Parsons, Kristin Gutenberger, Sue Kern Wilkins, Vicki Davis, Laurrie Coffin, Michele Johnson and Steve Devlen. We can be contacted at FCSRRC@Cornell.edu.
2018 Keystone Winners W.S. “Lanny” Joyce
Regular and temporary Cornell University Facilities and Campus Services employees are eligible to be nominated. The employee’s most recent performance evaluation must be satisfactory to win the award. The nominee must have been employed by Cornell University for at least one year at the time of nomination; nominee must be an active employee to receive monetary recognition.
Nominations may be submitted by any temporary or regular Facilities and Campus Services employee. The nomination forms below for each award must be completed to submit an individual or team for consideration. Nominations may include endorsements or letters of recommendation from other people who are able to assess the nominee’s performance.
If you need assistance submitting a nomination, feel free to contact a member of the FCS Rewards & Recognition Committee: Carin Clark, Dan Schied, Donna-Marie Parker, Erik Eshelman, Jean Curran, Julie Parsons, Kristin Gutenberger, Sue Kern Wilkins, Vicki Davis, Laurrie Coffin, Michele Johnson and Steve Devlen.
All nominations will be reviewed by the FCS Rewards & Recognition Committee. The committee will rank the nominations and forward the top ranked nominations to the VP of FCS for final approval. The number of awards given each year may vary.
Employees of the Quarter (EOQ) – Four celebrations a year
The FCS Employees of the Quarter program recognizes three teams or individuals each quarter that go “above and beyond” their normal duties to accomplish something exceptional. The FCS Employees of the Quarter should continuously exhibit the IPP organizational values of Truth, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork, and Integrity.
- Individual awardees will receive a bonus of $200 gross each.
- Team awardees will split a bonus of $400 gross amongst the members of the team.
Large teams will split the bonus of $400 gross and will also be invited to a lunch with the FCS Vice President and the nominator.
Annual FCS Employee Awards Celebration
Annual Electronic Nomination Form or the Printable nomination form Please save and send this form to the FCS Rewards & Recognition email address: IPPRRC@cornell.edu or drop off the paper copy to FCS Human Resources or Customer Service.
The Annual FCS Employee Awards will be presented on an annual basis at the FCS Employee Celebration. Awards given annually will be at the discretion of the FCS awards committee and the VP of FCS. Individuals will receive the entire bonus amounts; teams will split the award equally among team members.
All nominees must consistently demonstrate the Cornell University Skills for Success, consistently demonstrate Facilities and Campus Services’ values, and have documented examples of accomplishments that align within one or more of the following five criteria.
- Keystone Award - Excellence in service to the organization and consistently providing quality output in work activities. This award is the highest honor and will be awarded to the individual or team that exemplifies excellence and many of the qualities listed below in their work. Bonus amount: $6000 gross.
- Cornerstone Award - Effectiveness Improvement - Implemented an innovative process improvement that had a significant cost and/or time savings for the organization. Bonus amount: $1200 gross.
- Cornerstone Award - Distinction in Teamwork - Had a positive impact on a team by giving distinguished service, making a difference, or implementing a quality of work/life improvement. Bonus amount: $1200 gross.
- Cornerstone Award - Dedication to Developing Others - Commitment to mentoring others and contributing towards the goal of succession planning. Bonus amount: $1200 gross.
- Cornerstone Award - Campus or Community Service - Volunteerism efforts either external or internal to Cornell University. Bonus amount: $1200 gross.
- Steve Wright Bridge Award – Diversity and Inclusion - Demonstration of significant, ongoing commitment to fostering diversity and inclusion within Facilities and Campus Services. Bonus amount $1200 gross.
Nomination period: January 1 - April 30
Nomination review period: May 1 - May 31
Award presentation: June 1 - July 31
Read about the winners of the 2018 Keystone and Cornerstone Awards and their contributions to Cornell University!
- Keystone Awards - W.S.”Lanny” Joyce
- Cornerstone Award for Effectiveness Improvement – Mary Colomaio
- Cornerstone Award for Campus or Community Service – Mark Howe
- Cornerstone Award for Developing Others – Kelly Davis
- Cornerstone Award for Distinction in Teamwork – Vet Med Temporary Boiler Project Team