Student OmniRide Bus Pass
New York State no longer requires masks on public transit. Visit the TCAT Coronavirus FAQ for more information.
TCAT Bus Access
The OmniRide student bus pass allows unlimited access to all TCAT buses in Tompkins County. Ride privileges are accessed using the CU ID card at the bus farebox.
The OmniRide pass is $200 annually; the price pro-rates monthly and the current rate will display at the time of purchase. Passes for the 2022-23 academic year are valid until August 31, 2023.
- New-to-Cornell students matriculating in a degree program for the first time receive automatic, no-fee OmniRide bus pass privileges valid within their first academic year. This program is offered as an introduction to the local public transit service, and an inducement to leave the vehicle home.
- All other students enrolled in a degree program receive free, unlimited rides on all TCAT buses after 6 p.m. on weekdays, and anytime Saturday and Sunday and can purchase a discounted OmniRide student bus pass for unlimited, anytime access to all TCAT buses.
- Student spouses/partners with a CU ID card can purchase the OmniRide student bus pass at 116 Maple Avenue. The base card privilege is unlimited rides on TCAT night routes 90, 92, and 93.
- Bus access using the CU ID card, including night/weekend and OmniRide, is paid for by Cornell University and is non-transferable.
- To be considered eligible for the no-fee OmniRide privilege, students must not have registered for a degree program at Cornell University in the past.
- For example, a student who attended as an undergraduate and is now entering a graduate or professional program would not be considered new-to-Cornell, and would not qualify for free OmniRide privileges.
- New-to-Cornell ride privileges are valid from Fall registration to August 31 of the following year for Fall entrants; January registration to December 31 of the same year for Spring entrants. There are no extensions of no-fee privileges for any reason.
- It can take up to two days to activate the CU ID card for use at the farebox depending on the day/time of purchase.
- The CU photo ID card is the fare medium and must be presented at the farebox—and read electronically—in order to access ride privileges.
- If the CU ID card is rejected, the student must pay the cash fare (current fare: $1.50).
- Students must remain registered to retain their ride privileges.
- There are no refunds issued after March 31. Refunds are minus a fee of $40.00.