Regular employees (not temporary) working on the Ithaca campus can choose to forego or relinquish an annual parking permit and join the OmniRide commuter program instead. OmniRiders can use their CU ID card for free, unlimited travel on any TCAT bus within Tompkins County, seven days a week (a $600 value annually).
Transit riders who live outside the county can also join OmniRide. A portion of the regional providers’ bus pass fee is paid by Cornell; employees pay the remaining cost via payroll deduction. These OmniRide participants also enjoy unlimited access to TCAT buses.
Employees can give OmniRide a try risk-free for 30 days:
- Research TCAT schedules and Park-and-Ride locations.
- Check out the support services for program participants.
- Talk to your supervisor if you need to adjust your schedule to ride the bus.
- Contact Transportation Services to sign up for OmniRide.
- Turn in your annual parking permit if you have one.
- Register your vehicle if you need occasional-use, one-day parking permits.
- Sign the OmniRide commuter program contract.
and, if you’re interested,
- Ithaca Carshare is a membership service offering 24/7 self-serve access to fuel-efficient cars. Visit their website to sign up for a discounted membership.
That’s it. You are enrolled in the program until you cancel your participation or no longer meet eligibility requirements. If the program doesn’t work for you, contact us before the 30-day trial is up to get your parking permit back, or to choose another commuting option.
OmniRide Commuter Program Perks
- A 30-day risk-free trial period.
- Unlimited access to TCAT buses anywhere in Tompkins County.
- Reduced-cost bus pass for out-of-county transit OmniRiders.
- Occasional-use, one-day parking permits.
- Flexible short-term parking options.
- Ithaca Carshare membership discount.
- Must be regular full-time or part-time Cornell employee working on the Ithaca campus
- OmniRide privileges are mutually exclusive with holding an individual parking permit or participating in any other transportation incentive program.
- After the trial period, a processing fee may apply and permit issuance will be subject to availability.
- OmniRide participants requesting occasional-use permits must register their vehicle.
- The CU photo ID card is the fare medium and must be presented at the fare box—and read electronically—in order to access ride privileges.
- OmniRide participants should be prepared to use cash in the event their CU ID card is not accepted at the TCAT fare box.
116 Maple Avenue
Ithaca NY 14850-4902
Hours of Operation
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., M-F