Annual Permit Renewal for Employees
The online employee permit renewal opportunity ended on June 30, 2021. Employees who did not renew their permit before it expired can use the Permit Purchase Agreement Form to make a new permit request.
Special Guidance for Remote Workers
Faculty and staff who have been approved to be on campus but need only occasional access can opt for convenient, deeply discounted Daily Decision parking using ParkMobile, utilize the Commuter Alternative Program, or choose on-demand, short-term mobile-payment and pay station parking.
Note: This page provides guidance, procedures, and policies for current faculty and staff who have been awarded the opportunity to obtain a new annual parking permit. Please note that you must pay all outstanding citations in order to renew your annual permit.
Payroll Installments for Annual Permits
Regularly employed full- and part-time staff and faculty may choose to either pay the cost of the parking permit in full or opt to use pre-tax payroll deduction at the time of purchase.
Payroll installments are calculated using the price of the parking permit at the time of sale (including sales tax) divided by the number of paychecks remaining in the fiscal year.
Payroll installments are collected on a semi-monthly basis and are non-refundable.
Who can use the parking portal?
- M (motorcycle) permit purchasers
- Eligible employees who want an A or O parking permit
- Students acquiring a permit or student bus pass (permit sales for the new academic year begin August 15)
- Anyone who needs to pay or appeal a citation
- Community members who need to register, update, and link vehicle/license plate information
Unable to use the purchase site? Use the Permit Purchase Agreement Form to make a request. Some permits may not be available due to eligibility rules.
Renewing Your Permit
A permit renewal opportunity will be offered to eligible permit holders in the month their permit is set to expire, either by email notification or by mail. If you receive a paper renewal form, you may not be able to use the parking portal.
If you receive an email notification, simply follow the steps below:
Review your parking options.
Now is an excellent time to review your commuting options! If you no longer need regular access to campus, consider forgoing an annual permit and choose to make parking a daily decision.
Visit the online Parking Portal.
Regular faculty and staff with a current annual permit will be offered a renewal opportunity for the same permit area or a no-fee virtual A or E permit (work-in-zone eligibility rules must be met for E permits).
- Go to https://myparking.cornell.edu
- Look for the Permits/Bus Passes section
- Select "Get Permits/Bus Passes" button
- Click "Faculty and Staff" link
- Select "Cornell NetID Login" if not already logged in
- Read all information carefully as you navigate the site.
- Link your permit to at least one of your personally-owned vehicles; you will be able to add vehicles if needed.
- Begin parking immediately if ordering a virtual A or E parking permit. Your license plate is your permit, and you will not receive a hangtag permit; or
- Print a temporary parking permit to display until your new hangtag permit or decal arrives in the mail (not A or E).
Register Your Vehicle
All Cornell University community members must register their vehicle(s) with Transportation Services for parking on campus. To register and update vehicle information online, have the plate number, make, style, color, and year of the vehicle, as well as the name of the vehicle's owner. Do not register rental or loaner vehicles, or vehicles belonging to other Cornell community members. If you need assistance, contact us.
Parking 2021 FAQ
- Permit holders are required to link their permit to at least one personally-owned vehicle license plate in preparation for virtual permit enforcement.
- Beginning February 2021, A and E permits will be virtual. No permit hangtag will be issued; instead, the vehicle license plate is the permit/parking credential.
Short-Term Parking Changes
- Parking and information booths are closed to minimize in-person contact. Access to campus by individuals not part of the Cornell community is strongly discouraged.
- Low-cost Daily Decision ParkMobile zones are available to everyone on a first-come, first-served, space-available basis.
- Parkmobile mobile-payment parking is available in designated areas of:
When can I renew my permit?
Permit holders eligible to use the online portal will receive an email with instructions; all others receive a renewal form in the mail. Do not forward or share renewal notifications, as they are specific to the permit holder.
Permits that have already expired can not be renewed through the online system. Please use the Permit Purchase Agreement Form to make a new permit request unless you are purchasing an A, O, or M (motorcycle) permit.
When will I have to start displaying my permit?
I did not renew or returned my permit. How can I get a new one?
If the request is granted, Transportation Services will complete the transaction using payroll installments as the default payment method, if eligible, or will contact the requestor for an alternative form of payment. The employee will receive a temporary permit to use until their hangtag arrives. If the request cannot be granted, the employee will be offered an alternate option.
I want to obtain a different permit than what is offered to me online. What should I do?
If the permit request is approved, Transportation Services will complete the transaction using payroll installments as the default payment method, if eligible, or will contact the requestor for an alternative form of payment, if necessary. The employee will receive a printable temporary permit to use until their hangtag arrives.
Can I speak to someone about my options?
What permit areas are available upon request?
Transportation Services will evaluate parking demand and may open sales for additional permit areas. Please check back for changes.
*Must work in the associated zone.
If I forgo the renewal opportunity, will I be able to replace my permit at a future time?
We will capture and analyze occupancy data throughout the semester to help manage parking resources and will make permits available accordingly.