COVID-19 Fleet Rental Policies
Cornell Fleet Rental Policies in Response to COVID-19
These policies are in addition to usual rental policies. While making a reservation, customers will be required to attest to reading and understanding all fleet rental policies.
- All reservations must be approved by Fleet Services prior to rental. As part of the approval process, permission to rent vehicles for a stated purpose and destination must be provided by supervisor via a forwarded email upon request by Fleet Services.
- Face coverings are required at all times, unless there is just one person traveling in the vehicle
- All non-research related rental for students is limited to travel within Tompkins County.
- Approved occupancy and seating arrangement for each vehicle is as follows:
- Truck – one driver, no passengers
- Compact and mid-size – one driver and one back-seat passenger – diagram will show staggered seating arrangement
- Seven-passenger van – one driver and two back-seat passengers – diagram will show staggered seating arrangement
- Twelve-passenger van – one driver and three back-seat passengers - diagram will show staggered seating arrangement
When possible, travel with windows open to increase air-flow and do not operate the vehicle’s heating ventilation and air conditioning system on recirculating air mode. The recirculating air button should always be off.