- Parkmobile provides a mobile payment service, including help support.
- Pay for parking via a smart phone app, toll free number, or the web.
- No coins/cash needed
- Saves the trip to your car to display a receipt or permit.
- Parkmobile can send reminders by text message so you can extend your parking time without returning to your car.
How do I pay for parking?
When you set up your account, you elect to pay by credit card or PayPal. Payments are usually posted the same day, so you can login to your Parkmobile account and see your parking transactions on your Parkmobile page.
How does parking with Parkmobile work?
- Download the app, visit the Parkmobile website, or call the toll-free number on the green Parkmobile sign to register for a Parkmobile account; you will need your license plate number and a method of payment (credit card or PayPal).
- When you park in a space, use the Parkmobile smartphone app to access your account, or call the toll-free number on the sign.
- Key in your zone number located on the sign (this number is different for every parking lot and can be saved in your account).
- Opt-in to have Parkmobile send a text 15 minutes prior to the expiration of your parking transaction; You can either add time or get back to your car on time.
I don't have a smartphone. How can I start a parking transaction?
Call the toll-free number posted on the green Parkmobile sign. The toll free number for Parkmobile parking at Cornell University is 1-877-727-5730.
Where can I park and use pay-by-cell?
In various parking lots on campus. Check the map for parking locations, and look for the green Parkmobile signs.
Can I reserve a space or pre-pay for parking using Parkmobile?
You cannot reserve using the current app: All transactions are real-time. You should be parked in the space before you begin your parking transaction. If you want to reserve parking and print a dashboard parking permit instead of using the pay-by-cell service, you can create a parking reservation via the Visit Cornell web site.
How long can I park in the Parkmobile zone?
It depends on the parking restrictions of the lot. Your parking transaction will continue until you have reached the maximum time limit for which you have paid, just like a meter.
Parking can be purchased by the hour for up to eight hours, or by the day. In most lots, a parking day expires at 7:30 am; the exception is B lot, which follows a 24 hour day. Parking can also be purchased for multiple days in most locations.
Can I move from zone to zone?
No. Your parking transaction is for a specific Parkmobile zone. If you move to another zone, you will have to pay again.
Do I need to enter a space number?
No. You will need to enter the Parkmobile zone number specific to that parking lot.
Do I have to pay on the weekends, or if the university is not open?
Resident hall parking areas (signed FH, ND, SW, WD) are restricted to permit holders or Parkmobile payment parking 24/7.
In most commuter lots, payment (or the appropriate permit) is required Monday – Friday, 7:30 am – 5:00 pm, throughout the year, including holidays and breaks. Be sure to check the posted regulation as you enter the lot, as some are restricted to permit holders evenings and weekends.
How does the parking officer know I've paid?
When you use the mobile app or call to start the parking session, you key in a zone number. Parkmobile’s system recognizes your cell phone number, connects it to your license plate number and activates your parking in that specific zone. The Cornell Univesity parking officer verifies your parking session by matching the license plate to the zone number.
What happens if I get a parking violation?
Citations issued by Transportation Services can be paid and appealed with online at www.myparking.cornell.edu. If you paid for parking via Parkmobile, you can obtain a receipt for your parking transaction from your Parkmobile account. Other than supplying confirmation of payment, Parkmobile can not help resolve a parking dispute.
How much does it cost to pay for parking by phone?
Hourly and daily rates vary by lot (Parkmobile chart and map), but all transactions are charged a $.35 convenience fee.
Can I purchase less than one hour?
No. Parking permission is purchased in 1 hour, 1 day, or multiple day increments.
How much does it cost to receive a reminder text?
There is no additional charge for the service (unless your cell provider charges for text messages); however, you will be charged a $.35 convenience fee if you choose to pay to extend your parking transaction.
Do I get a receipt?
You can go online to your Parkmobile personal page anytime to make changes to your account, review parking charges, print parking transactions and receipts, or export data to another format.
What happens if I don’t agree with the amount that I’ve been charged, what can I do?
Contact Parkmobile right away. Give them the details and they will help you resolve the problem. Transportation Services cannot resolve charge disputes.
Can I get a refund?
Parkmobile does not issue refunds for parking transactions. Transportation Services cannot issue refunds for Parkmobile transactions.
What doesn't Parkmobile do?
- Parkmobile does not enforce parking lots
- Parkmobile does not accept or process citation appeals
- Parkmobile does not issue refunds
How secure is the mobile payment system?
The Parkmobile system is PCI DSS level 1 compliant and your Parkmobile personal page is SSl 256 encrypted.