Special Event Transportation and Parking
Special events, celebrations, and ceremonies will affect parking availability and traffic circulation throughout the academic year. Information about event preparations and guidance for guests and community members is posted below and updated annually.
Special Events - Transportation & Parking Guidance
Commencement Events May 25-28, 2023
May Commencement Ceremonies
The university will host two commencement ceremonies on May 27. In order to keep everything running smoothly for all graduates and guests, please:
- Review parking options and shuttle routes.
- Comply with all traffic control signage and directions.
Accessible parking accommodations must be requested via the Office of Commencement Events.
Park and Ride Shuttle Service Saturday
Free campus bus service will be available from 7:30 a.m. until approximately 5 p.m. and will travel between the parking lots noted on the map. Bus frequency is approximately every ten to fifteen minutes.
Buses are fully accessible and will travel from the pick-up locations at the A Lot, Central Campus, B Lot, and then on to the Crescent Lot behind the stadium.
Parking & Road Closures
Thursday, May 25 Senior Convocation Event
- Garden Ave. will be closed between Campus Road and Tower Road, from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- The Crescent Lot will close from 5 p.m. Thursday - 5 p.m. Sunday. Any vehicles remaining after 5 p.m. will be towed from the parking lot.
Friday, May 26 Events (Cornell Campus Map)
Campus parking lots are open to all guests attending individual college events throughout the day and evening.
- The Sage South parking lot at Sage Hall will close at 5 p.m. Friday - 12 p.m. Monday, May 29
Saturday, May 27 Events (Saturday Campus Access Map)
1st University Commencement Ceremony, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Stadium Gates Open: 8:30 a.m.
- Academic Procession from Arts Quad: 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- Ceremony: 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Exit Stadium and Parking Lots: 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
2nd University Commencement Ceremony, 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Stadium Gates Open: 12:30 p.m.
- Academic Procession from Arts Quad: 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Ceremony: 2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Exit Stadium: 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Saturday, May 27 Road Closures
Traffic will be prohibited on:
- Campus Road between College Avenue to Wing Drive from 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Hoy Road will be closed from Campus Road to Hoy Parking Garage's lower entrance from 7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Garden Ave. will be closed between Campus Road and Tower Road, from 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Feeney Way will be closed between Campus Road and Tower Road, from 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Feeney Way between Tower Road and University Ave. will ONLY be open for buses from 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Tower Road between Feeney Way and Judd Falls will ONLY be open for buses from 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Reunion Weekend June 2023
Visit Cornell Reunion 2023. Reunion parking and transportation information will be posted in May 2023.
Fall Opening Week August 2023
August 2023 move-in parking and transportation information will be posted in July 2023.
- Do not rely on GPS once you arrive in Ithaca. Please follow the yellow or blue signs and/or directions from traffic personnel.
- The driver must remain with the vehicle during the unloading process. Do not leave the vehicle.
- Driving on sidewalks is permitted only during the initial move-in period. Please follow signs and/or directions from volunteers and traffic control personnel. Vehicles are not allowed on campus paths and walkways.
Homecoming Celebration September 2023
Visit https://alumni.cornell.edu/come-back/homecoming/ for upcoming event information and registration. Parking and transportation information will be posted in September 2023.