Share the Ride!
Employees and students alike can share the ride to work or school. Unlike the RideShare commuter program—which is restricted to eligible employees—any Cornell community member can join a carpool.
- One person purchases and is responsible for the commuter parking permit.
- Carpoolers can transfer the permit among registered vehicles.
- Carpool members may also be eligible for a transit pass program, allowing more flexibility for their commute.
- Need help finding a carpool partner? Try Finger Lakes Rideshare to find your car mate.
- Those sharing the ride to campus make their own arrangements for sharing commuting costs.
- Cornell community members must register any personal vehicle driven or parked on campus.
- Parking permits should not be displayed on vehicles that are not registered with the university, unless it is a loaner or rental vehicle.
- Parking permits may be shared among vehicles, but permit ownership is not transferrable.