To Request Waste Removal
R5 Operations staff will pick-up waste (materials for Recycling, Reuse, or Landfill) from Campus customers at no additional charge provided the following:
- Material is generated due to regular campus operations. (Note that materials due to construction or special projects may require the customer be balance billed for cost of waste removal.)
- Quantity, size, and weight of material(s) can be moved safely by no more than two staff without lift equipment.
- Quantity, size, and weight of material(s) can safely be moved in no more than two pickup trucks.
- Small items are in bags or boxes. (R5 Operations staff are not available for bagging and boxing piles of paper, electronics, or other small items.)
- Universal wastes, if any, are properly packaged and labeled. R5 Operations can provide direction and packaging material if needed.
- Requests for pickup are made by phone or email no less than 5 business days prior to pickup.
To Request a Dumpster
Cornell University has one contract for all landfill, recycle, scrap metal, and construction and demolition (C&D) dumpsters for Cornell Department use.
This service is managed by the R5 Operations Department.
- Landfill, recycle, and C&D dumpsters do have a cost; any costs are balanced billed by R5 Operations to the customer. A Service Request in Maximo will be required.
- Please contact R5 Operations by phone or email no less than 10 business days for special dumpster services/changes. (Note that 10 day notice is required to ensure availability of dumpster(s), dumpster(s) site location is in compliance with fire code regulations and does not interfere with facility access.