International Mail is any mail outside the 50 states, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. APO and FPO addresses (Military Mail) are considered international.
- International mail can be sent from a USPS branch, arranged online at USPS.com, or mailed via Mail Services mail metering.
- All international mail, regardless of weight or packaging, that contains items other than paper requires a completed customs form.
- Comply with all restrictions listed on the USPS site.
- List all items in the package.
- List the value of the items.
- Include all required copies with your package at time of mailing.
- Properly address your mail to make sure it reaches the intended destination.
- Package your items using buble wrap, newspaper, or other resiliant packing material.
- Packages should not exceed 70 pounds, or be larger than 109 inches (in length or girth). Check the USPS site for country-specific restrictions.