Fall Opening Move-In Parking Changes
Significant adjustments to traffic routes and parking are being made to facilitate student move-in on Aug. 23 and Aug. 24. Please consider these conditions when planning your commute.
Travel on Jessup Road and Cradit Farm Drive will be limited to move-in traffic. Additionally, the following parking lots will close early on Thursday, Aug. 22:
-- All parking lots on North Campus will close at 5 p.m.
-- The B, TRB and BTI Lots near the veterinary college will close at 9 p.m.
-- The HH/Parkmobile parking area on West Avenue will close at 6 p.m.
Parking lots and roadways will reopen on Saturday, Aug. 24 by 5 p.m.
If possible, avoid driving on campus and limit deliveries of equipment or supplies on Friday, Aug. 23.
Displaced permit holders are being directed to park in off-campus locations reserved for their use. A shuttle and/or TCAT bus service will help to complete your commute to campus:
- Permit restricted spaces at East Hill Office Building/CISER; TCAT Route 82
- Shops at Ithaca Mall behind Target or near the old BonTon entrance; TCAT Route 30 with supplemental charter bus shuttle service provided:
- TCAT service is every 30 minutes until 8 am; then every 15 minutes.
- Charter service runs 6 am – 6 pm, every 15 minutes. Travel time between the Mall and B Lot is estimated to be 20 minutes. See map below.
- Ithaca High School on North Cayuga Street; charter bus service provided
- Charter service runs 6 am – 6 pm, every 20 minutes. Travel time between the high school and central campus is estimated to be 20 minutes. See map below.
To recognize and reward impacted permit holders, Transportation Services is hosting Revise Your Ride Day on Aug. 23, with plans to give away over $700 dollars in prizes.
We thank you for your cooperation during Fall Opening 2019.