Rewards and Recognition
Facilities and Campus Services Rewards & Recognition Team
Facilities and Campus Services (FCS) has established a commitment to reward and recognize significant individual and team contributions and accomplishments of FCS employees. Anyone can nominate an FCS staff member, please see below under the two different types of awards for instructions, forms and criteria for each nomination.
The 2021-22 members of the Rewards and Recognition Committee are:
Brenda Frank and Mark Schott (Co-chairs)
Vicki Davis (Chair Emeritus)
Bridgette Brady (Advisor)
Ellen Chase, Carin Clark, Erik Eshelman, Susan Evans, Tim Hamilton, Matt Johnston, Michele Johnson, Julie Parsons, Dan Schied, Jessica Schillmoeller, Todd Searles and Sgt. Eric R. Stickel.
We can be contacted at FCSRRC@Cornell.edu.
Eligibility for Employee of the Quarter or Annual Awards
Regular and temporary Cornell University FCS employees are eligible to be nominated.
The employee’s most recent performance evaluation must be satisfactory to win the award. The nominee must have been employed by Cornell University for at least one year at the time of nomination; nominee must be an active employee to receive monetary recognition. Individuals are eligible for an award only once in a three year period.
Nominations may be submitted by any temporary or regular FCS employee. The nomination forms below for each award must be completed to submit an individual or team for consideration. Nominations may include endorsements or letters of recommendation from other people who are able to assess the nominee’s performance.
If you need assistance submitting a nomination, feel free to contact a member of the FCS Rewards & Recognition Committee.
All nominations will be reviewed by the FCS Rewards & Recognition Committee. The committee will rank the nominations and forward the top-ranked nominations to the VP of FCS for final approval. The number of awards given each year may vary.
Employees of the Quarter (EOQ) (Four celebrations a year)
The FCS Employees of the Quarter program recognizes three teams or individuals each quarter that go “above and beyond” their normal duties to accomplish something exceptional. The FCS Employees of the Quarter should continuously exhibit the FCS organizational values of Truth, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork, and Integrity.
Please save and send this form to the FCS Rewards & Recognition email address: FCSRRC@ccornell.edu or drop off the paper copy to FCS Human Resources or Customer Service.
The Annual FCS Employee Awards will be presented on an annual basis at the FCS Employee Celebration. Awards given annually will be at the discretion of the FCS awards committee and the VP of FCS. Individuals will receive the entire bonus amounts; teams will split the award equally among team members.
All nominees must consistently demonstrate the Cornell University Skills for Success, consistently demonstrate Facilities and Campus Services’ values, and have documented examples of accomplishments that align within one or more of the following five criteria.
Keystone Award - Excellence in service to the organization and consistently providing quality output in work activities. This award is the highest honor and will be awarded to the individual or team that exemplifies excellence and many of the qualities listed below in their work.
- Cornerstone Award - Effectiveness Improvement - Implemented an innovative process improvement that had a significant cost and/or time savings for the organization.
- Cornerstone Award - Distinction in Teamwork - Had a positive impact on a team by giving distinguished service, making a difference, or implementing a quality of work/life improvement.
- Cornerstone Award - Dedication to Developing Others - Commitment to mentoring others and contributing towards the goal of succession planning.
- Cornerstone Award - Campus or Community Service - Volunteerism efforts either external or internal to Cornell University.
- Steve Wright Bridge Award – Diversity and Inclusion - Demonstration of significant, ongoing commitment to fostering diversity and inclusion.
- FCS ”One Cornell” Awards- There are employees in FCS and across the University that really exemplify the meaning of “One Cornell.” These individuals understand what it means to be a “steward” of Cornell University and goes the extra mile to help another unit outside of their own.
- FCS “One Cornell” Award – An FCS team or employee that effectively worked across units, cultures and other boundaries to positively impact one of our campus partners or Cornell as a whole.
- FCS Campus Partner “One Cornell” Award – For a campus partner that effectively worked across units, cultures and other boundaries to positively impact Facilities and Campus Services.
FCS Annual Awards timeline:
Nomination period: January 1 - May 30
Nomination review period: June 1 - June 30
Award presentation: July 1 to July 31
Employees of the Quarter (3rd quarter, FY2022):
- Mike Niechwiadowicz
- Dustin Darnell
- Clark to Kennedy utilities team: Jason Kelly, Frank Perry, Cole Tucker and Bredt Aiken
2021 Keystone & Cornerstone Awards
Keystone Award: Cindy Lockwood
Cornerstone Effectiveness Improvement – Project Manager Checklist and Resource Implementation Team: Taylor Thompson, Jessie Dimick, Alex Chevallard, Andrew Germain, Brad Newhouse, Paul Stemkoski, Donna Sutliff, Tammy Johnson, Ram Venkat, Dustin Sutherland, David Vanderpoorten, Laurie Coffin and Patrick Conrad
- Cornerstone Developing Others – Paul Stemkoski
- Cornerstone Campus & Community Support – Shaun Bennett
- Cornerstone Distinction in Teamwork – Chris Davenport
Steve Wright Bridge Award for Diversity and Inclusion – n/a
One Cornell Awards:
One Cornell – TDS Delivery Services Drivers: Mindy Reeves, Charlie Cox, Martha Shepard, Corey Shaw, Cameron Berger, Bruce Granger, Jim Joseph, Mark Schott and Justin Blake
- One Cornell (Partner) – Laurie Johnston, Labor Relations